Plantation Shutters It's all we do!
“We absolutely loved working with Mike! He is very knowledgeable in his products and guided us to make the right decision for our needs. He kept us looped in as to the status of our order and completed installation as promised. The plantation shutters are gorgeous and we love them! We have very large windows, as well a French Patio door and Mike did an amazing job with installation. If you are looking for quality plantation shutters at the right price and an outstanding professional to work with, Mike is who you should contact!”
— Becky Hoke
Bi-Fold Plantation Shutters
Bi-fold plantation shutters are hinged allowing the panels to fold back upon each other and stack back to the sides of a window. Essentially you are doubling the panels in order to reduce the size of the panes that would swing into the room when you open them. Some people refer to this style as accordion shutters or folding.
If all you are ever going to do when you open your shutter panels is clean the windows or temporarily access the windows to open them, you may not care about the size of the panels and have no need for them. By-fold panels do introduce more hinges and they introduce more vertical stiles to your window and more panels.
5 reasons you might want bi-fold plantation shutters
- You want to open your panels more than just temporarily to clean or open a window. You want to stack the panels back to the sides and enjoy the full view out the window with no panels in the way.
- You want an extra amount panels in the window then you normally could achieve. Lots of panels create a very traditional look, or you might want to match the panel size to a smaller window nearby for a consistent look.
- You need 3 panels but want to avoid adding a post between the shutter panels to hinge the middle panel. Using bi-folds eliminates the post.
- There is something directly in the way of the panels when they would swing open (such as a faucet at the kitchen sink)
- You want to have access to the window sills which you can’t get when the plantation shutter panels in the closed position. (I have had more than one customer who says their cat loves to sun itself on the window sill)
Composite or Wood
Available to our Denver homeowners in our composite resin that is moisture-proof, won’t ever warp, with no paint to peel or flake, solid color all the way through. Or available in solid wood for the most variety of colors.
Versatility / Problem solving
Sometimes we suggest a bi-fold plantation shutter solution for the kitchen. Tall faucets will block the ability for panels to swing open, but bi-fold panels will fold back out of the way avoiding the faucet.
SCHEDULE A FREE IN-HOME CONSULTATION
I look forward to answering any questions you might have about plantation shutters or talking with you about scheduling a free estimate in your home